As part of the Reformed Church of the United States, we hold fast to some core Calvanist beliefs.
We use the acronym TULIP
Although it doesn't cover everything, TULIP defines the portion of our belief system that makes our community unique.
For information on the framework that we base these beliefs on, visit our values page.
We're imperfect by nature. All of us. It's why we need a savior!
- For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. Romans 7:18
God's saving power is unconditional; it's not based on anything he sees in us.
- And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified. Romans 8:30
God chooses us. Because of sin, we are entirely unable to send our lost souls in the right direction.
- No one can come to me unless the father who sent me draws him. And I will raise them up on the last day. John 6:44
Christ's sacrifice is limitless in its power.
- When he has brought out all his own, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. John 10:4
Perseverance of the Saved
We're sustained by God by the work of the Holy Spirit in our faith; He won't take it away.
- And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. Philippians 1:6